Thursday, October 17, 2013

West Point Military Academy in New York

September 17, 2013 - When I was invited to visit my friend Carol in New York, she asked what I would like to see.  I had no idea!  One of her suggestions was West Point.  Carol and I first met two years ago through our connection with an online camping forum.
During certain hours, you are allowed to drive through the campus, but you are not allowed to stop.  A bus tour was offered.
First stop was the church.


Over the door - USMA - United States Military Academy


 
 


A view from in front of the church

This is a view from the parade grounds


The Hudson River
 
The museum



On the way back to Carol’s we passed this sign and statue.  I had never heard of Sibyl Ludington, but Carol had some books I read that evening.  Interesting story as this young girl made a ride similar to Paul Revere's.



No comments:

Post a Comment